Sr. Bridget was featured in an archdiocesan publication recently.
Sacred Heart Villa has a qualified, enthusiastic staff that supports the motto— “The Preschool With A Heart”. The sisters and lay staff provide a friendly, caring environment. The teaching staff, with training in early childhood and school-age education, certification, and advanced degrees, has experience in a variety of areas. The kitchen staff coordinator is state certified in food service sanitation.
All staff members
- are registered in the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry
- attended the training session in "Protecting God's Children" required by the Archdiocese of St. Louis
- have required medical examinations and inoculations
- School partnership nurses from Cardinal Glennon Hospital train the staff in First Aid and CPR
- UMSL sponsors an early childhood educators conference each fall, entitled, “Crucial Early Years Institute” attended by some of our teaching staff
- The state and community colleges offer courses; eg., "Communicating with Preschoolers"
- CDCA in-service workshops
- Inservices held at Sacred Heart Villa
- Occasionally, the staff is invited to attend sessions scheduled at other area preschools
- National Catholic Education Association
- The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd National Association
- United 4 Children
- Missouri Botanical Garden
- St. Louis Zoo
- St. Louis Art Museum