Since 1940, Sacred Heart Villa has occupied the corner of Macklind and Wilson on "The Hill" in St. Louis. It is a preschool as well as the home of the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus who own the school a three-story brick structure, it houses six classrooms on three floors. A child-friendly dining room on the second floor bustles with activity during three lunch periods and snack times each day. The Villa kitchen is fully inspected by the City of St. Louis and is managed by a dedicated kitchen staff. An elevator is available for transport to the three floors. Classrooms with hardwood floors and beautiful terrazzo hallways are but two of the hallmarks of this impeccably maintained building. The lower level features a large playroom, used daily for nap-time and also in inclement weather for playtime. The main entrance on Wilson Ave. leads to this level, where parents sign in their children and check their folders for daily communications from the school.